Friday, March 14, 2008

I Want the Ocean Right Now; Beach-Inspired Limoges Porcelain by Raynuad

This spring season, the store has brought in a lot of beach and ocean inspired products. Seeing these products day after day has got me dreaming about collecting seashells, sand between my toes, and basking in the sun. I want the ocean right now! But since the closest body of water to me is the Mississippi, I have to find ways to bring the ocean to me. If you are like me and are landlocked, do what I have done and bring the ocean to your home decor. Raynaud, a top manufacturer of Limoges porcelain, has a couple ocean-inspired items that I love.

The Theo D'or vase by Raynaud is the perfect tabletop accessory for a beachy feel. The vase is made of Raynaud's classic white porcelain and is encapsulated by a giant hand-painted octopus. The octopus come in three very vibrant yet cool, ocean colors; white, turquoise, and red. The colors are so amazing, they make the octopus come alive and pop off the vase. It would make a great gift for anyone with a beach house.


In dinnerware, Raynaud makes Cristobal plates and serving pieces which is available in red, chocolate, and turquoise. In these particular pieces, ocean coral takes over the porcelain to create a bright, delightful sight. It is the perfect accent for any beach house table or ocean dinner.

To view all of Raynaud's collections of dinnerware, giftware and serving pieces, click here.

No comments: